Dr. KenGee Ehrlich offers comprehensive chiropractic and holistic wellness services to residents and visitors in and around Los Angeles. He welcomes people of all ages, relieves pain throughout the body, and helps patients find a healthy balance in life. Contact The Good Chiropractor today so we can answer your questions and get you started on the road to wellness.
Chiropractor Q & A
by KenGee Ehrlich, DC
What sets a chiropractor apart from other health practitioners?
The basic difference between chiropractors and other physicians is that chiropractors don’t prescribe medications or perform surgical procedures. But you can be sure that if Dr. KenGee’s examination reveals underlying health conditions that require medical attention, we’ll collaborate with your physician to provide the ultimate in comprehensive health care.
Chiropractors are the only health professionals trained to diagnose and treat spinal misalignments, which they call subluxations. Vertebral misalignment occurs when injury, overuse, disease, or normal aging causes bones in the spine to become slightly dislocated. Chiropractors perform adjustments — manual movements of varying speed and pressure — to correct the problem, which relieves pain from neuromuscular conditions.
How do spinal problems affect overall health?
Problems in the spine can affect other body parts and systems. That’s because the spine is a conduit for the nerves and blood vessels that control muscles and tissues throughout the body. This system, called the vertebral subluxation complex, includes five components:
- Bones: Spinal misalignment narrows the space through which nerves and blood vessels travel. This narrowing resulting in irritation or compression that becomes painful and diminishes the functioning of muscles and tissues.
- Nerves: Changes in the spine block nerves from sending messages throughout the body. Distorted nerve signals lead to dysfunctioning muscles, organs, and body functions. As one example, problems in the spine may interfere with the gastrointestinal system.
- Muscles: Nerves running through the spine control muscles, so when they’re irritated or crushed, muscles can spasm and become vulnerable to injury.
- Soft tissues: These include all the tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, and other connective tissues that are affected when the spine is misaligned.
- Biochemicals: Any type of stress in the body, like pressure and pain caused by a misaligned spine, triggers the release of chemicals that cause inflammation and pain.
Does The Good Chiropractor provide wellness and lifestyle services?
We’re very proud to offer comprehensive wellness services. Dr. KenGee believes that wellness is the essential component, so we focus on providing services that strengthen the body’s ability to heal and maintain health.
Along with our chiropractic therapy, we offer:
- Training in corrective exercises and stretches
- Preventive spine and posture screening
- Nutrition counseling
- Lifestyle advice to nurture the whole person
Give us a call if you have questions or want to schedule a consultation. Everyone on staff here at The Good Chiropractor looks forward to helping you maintain optimal health.